QR Code Link to This Post
FSBO’S — MYTH VS. REALITY
Selling on your own? Saving money, right? Probably not. And, in many instances, maybe even losing money! For the past 35 years, the National Association of Realtors has conducted annual, national surveys of buyers and sellers to ascertain buying and selling habits. Below is a list of results with relation to unrepresented sellers or “FSBOs”.
• Eighty-eight percent of buyers recently purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
• Ninety-two percent of sellers listed their homes on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is the number one source for sellers to list their home.
• Only eight percent of recent home sales were FSBO sales again this year. For the second year, this is the lowest share recorded since this report started in 1981.
• FSBOs typically sell for less than the selling price of other homes; FSBO homes sold at a median of $185,000 last year (down from $210,000 the year prior), and significantly lower than the median of agent-assisted homes at $245,000.
• #1 reason why buyers go to “FSBOs” — TO SAVE MONEY! They know you’re not paying a commission. Can you both save the same money?
Licensed Associate Broker
Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
Certified Buyer Representative (CBR)
Keller Williams Realty Homes and Estates
400 Townline Road, Suite 145
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Cell: show contact info
Office: show contact info
Fax: show contact info
Broker License No. 10491202738